Saturday, September 26, 2009

Common Grounds Fair: Unity, ME


Just got back from my first time north of Portland. Headed to Unity for the MOFGA Common Grounds Fair last night really late, stargazed with some friends and wine, camped out in a tent and woke up with frost on my sleeping bag. Looked outside and there was frost EVERYWHERE! Grass, tents, the wine bottle, cars, etc... I wished I had packed more layers and was a bit disappointed by the quickness of the chill.

But-I got coffee and oatmeal and the sun came up and the frost melted and I had a blast. I met a lot of great people and "beard-watched" the whole day. One word to sum up the facial hair at this fair: OVERWHELMING. I was flustered with the length, fullness, and commonness of the beard. Some photos include the MUSTACHE RIDE that I ran into on my way back from the tent (above), Morgan trying out a "sheared beard," and beardy men waltzing at the final dance of the night at the Fiddle Camp. (I suggest clicking on them for a larger view!)



I met a great guy named Joe who is going to be a fantastic feature a bit later in the fall. Look forward to the "I Know Joe" post!

I'm off to bed in my sleeping bag WITHOUT the frost :)

1 comment:

  1. hey i got to your blog via your email to the outdoor club. this is awesome. i LOVE me some men in beards. common ground fair is definitely a good spot to study facial hair.

    good luck with the blog, hope to see it linked up to the paper.

    -jenna

    ReplyDelete