Monday, September 28, 2009

Upcoming in Hairy Maine


This is an annual, month-long moustache growing event. It's known for its "celebration of the moustache," AND it's amazing amount of charity work. Go to this link to learn more! I'm hoping to see a Maine chapter this November. Possible team name: Moose Stache? :)

Growing beards for charity AND for warmth. This is focussed more on beards and only in the months of January and February (hence the -uary suffix). I think it's definately something Mainers can handle, since beards are great scarves and charity is always good.

  • Facial Features
I have upcoming interviews/portraits with a current teacher of mine and a wonderful man named Joe who I met at the Common Grounds Fair in UNITY, ME last weekend. There will be more interviews to fit in between but these are going to be more features. 

  • The official launch of Hairy Maine
Eventually I will make this beardy blog available to the public of Maine hopefully through the Free Press at USM. Cross fingers. (USM Free Press)

  • First Friday Art Walk (Oct 2, 2009) Downtown Portland, Arts District
Bringing the camera. I saw a ton of beards last time and I am expecting to hit the streets for some short interviews and snapshots. Expect Beard Shorts next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment