Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Beardjamin Franklin

ROAD TRIP!


I went to Boston this weekend! I can tell you one thing about that place. NOTHING compared to Maine's furry men! But, a hefty amount of history. My goodbye-Portland gift was a moustached taxi driver who was totally down for a photo and short interview for $4.90.


Meet taxi driver Tom Ludwig. He's lived in Maine for 40 years and had that 'stache for 10. That sucker used to be brown! Tom says the weirdest thing about his furry mustache is a dark patch of brown that stays put in the middle.


In Boston, I met my mother (missed her!) at the airport and we snagged a few busses and the T to the Marriot @ Copley Place in Back Bay. Beard sightings? 2. BOO!! Quacked on the Duck Tour, strolled in Boston Common, shopped hard at Prudential Center. I'm new to New England, so I enjoyed all of the old buildings and statues and sections of town. BRONZE BEARD!!

I was hoping to run into one of the beautiful Boondock Saints but unfortunately I was herded like cattle on the Freedom Trail instead. Drove to "P-Town" Cape Cod on Colombus Day and walked on a beach in October. Pretty spectacular. Met this guy in Orleans:

He was probably the highlight of my day. What a babe!! Then in the shopping center connected to the Marriot, I found this bullshit store-> What a load of CRAP!!

Fun trip, but man does it feel good to be back in Portland. I'm moving downtown tomorrow so I'm hoping beard-watching from my Congress Street apartment window will be on the rise! Here's a genuine Santa-Sighting from Exchange street today. Look at that 19th century style!
That's all for now. I'm gonna get back to sleep, school, mom, the outdoor adventure club, and moving moving moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment