Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Missing Caleb's New-Manchu


YOU, TOO!
CAN HAVE A FU MANCHU!

One of my closest friends back in Alaska is also one of the reasons I love facial hair. He grew himself a tasteful "musketeer" mustache and entered himself into the World Beard and Moustache Championships in Anchorage, AK in MAY09, which of course I went to as a fan, for support. And he rocked it. Didn't win according to the judges, but a hunk of hair in my eyes. Those championships overwhelmed me with facial hair at every turn, and it was there that I fell in love with the entire idea. Pride for Caleb didn't hurt.

After the shocking termination of ol' muskey, he has decided to grow again. Currently, he is working on a Hulk Hogan fu manchu, and I feel the pride welling again. Maybe I'll keep an update of my furry foreign competitor Caleb (Norway 2011!).

(Photo by Dave Mead)

No comments:

Post a Comment